Salvatore Bonasia ‘22
Hear are some Easter recipes to try out this season from my, family to yours.
- 10 eggs
- 12 ounces of sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 pounds of ricotta polly-o
- 1 shot of anisette & grated chocolate
- Preheat oven 375 ℉
- Beat eggs with sugar
- Add lemon zest, vanilla, and anisette
- Mix and then add in the ricotta
- Mix well and then pour in a greased pan
- Grate chocolate on top before you put it into the oven.
- Bake about an hour
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ ounce active dry yeast
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 7 dyed eggs
- Heat the milk to 110 ℉
- Add the yeast to a small bowl with the warm milk and whisk it around with 1 tablespoon of the sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla and set aside.
- Separately, mix together the rest of the sugar, flour, lemon zest, and salt.
- Slowly pour the flour mixture in the bowl of the milk mixer.
- Add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Knead the dough a little and shape the dough into a ball.
- Oil a large mixing bowl and place the dough into the bowl.
- Put a little oil on top of the dough
- Cover it to rest for about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down the dough.
- Divide the dough into 14 portions. Roll each portion into a strip about 12 inches long.
- Split dough into two pieces: pinch the ends together of the first 2 ropes and bring one side over to the other to make into a small ring shape.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉
- Repeat the process with the next 6 sets
- Place on two baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water to wash.
- Cover the dough for 40-45 minutes.
- When dough is ready to bake, brush on some more egg wash. Sprinkle on the sprinkles. Place an egg in the middle of the dough.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- 2 lbs of flour
- 4 cups of water to dilute
- 2 teaspoons of yeast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- A few slices of tomatoes
- A handful of olives and oregano
- Preheat oven 350 ℉
- Dilute 2 teaspoons of yeast in 2 cups of warm water
- Add two teaspoons of salt and two more cups of warm water to the mixture
- Mix well, and let it sit and rise for 2 hours in an oiled pan
- Add tomatoes, olives, and oregano
- Bake about an hour
- 5 pounds of flour
- 24 eggs
- 4 ½ cups of sugar
- ½ Pound of Crisco (Shortening brand)
- 4 teaspoons of yeast
- 2 oz of lemon extract
- ½ cup of sambuca
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven 360 ℉
- Fold in all ingredients into one large bowl slowly
- Mix well all ingredients until there are no bubbles
- Bake for about an hour or until the edges brown
- Let them sit and rise overnight